by Ayaz Nanji |
January 21, 2015
Some 62% of small businesses surveyed cite word-of-mouth/customer referrals as a top 3 marketing strategy, by far the highest endorsement level of any tactic.
Other strategies considered effective include email (34% rank it as a top 3 tactic), networking (25%), social media (23%), search engine marketing (14%), and content marketing (13%).
Television/radio ads are viewed as the least effective marketing strategy, with just 2% of respondents ranking them in the top 3.
Effective Marketing Strategies
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on data from a survey of 408 small business Infusionsoft customers (50% B2C-focused; 28% B2B; 22% mixed).
Attitudes Toward Common Business Activities
- Regarding business-related tasks, respondents say they most enjoy serving customers and developing products.
- The least-liked activities are administrative, human resources, and financial.
- 55% say finding enough time to get everything done is a huge business challenge.
- 43% struggle with managing everything themselves.
- 40% say finding enough money to invest in their ideas is a huge challenge.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 408 small business Infusionsoft customers (50% B2C-focused; 28% B2B; 22% mixed).